Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Life Is a Series of Rooms

If I had to chose, I would live a long life of obscurity. For me, dying early and being insanely famous for two thousand years would be completely pointless simply because I myself would not be alive to enjoy the fruits of my fame. My name and legacy would be alive but I would not. A quiet life in obscurity would be more suited for me. I think that I can leave a legacy living a long life simply by being a good person. I can leave a strong and long lasting legacy by connecting with other people on a more individualized basis. Through treating others well and having a genuine care for other people I think that I can be remembered, even if it is not for two thousand years. Fame does not last forever. Everyone's name will fall into obscurity eventually. A person who is insanely famous for thousands of years will also eventually fall into obscurity. So, while we our on this earth, we need not worry about becoming insanely famous or being remembered for generations. Enjoying life while we are here and treating others well is the most important thing.

No comments: